John Roach (c1725-aft 1758) of New Kent County, Virginia
by Nathan W. Murphy, MA, Accredited Genealogist®
Very little is known about John Roach because he lived in a record where nearly all of the early records were destroyed. He was probably related to Henry Roach of New Kent County, Virginia. From the Church of England Parish Register in New Kent County (St. Peter’s Parish), we learn that he had the following family (there may have been additional children not documented in the parish register):
- John Roach (c1725-aft 1758) of St. Peter’s Parish, New Kent County, Virginia. John’s wife was named Sarah.
- Henry Roach, born 29 Jul 1753 St. Peter’s Parish.
- Oray Roach, born 26 Feb 1753/54 (?) St. Peter’s Parish.
- Littlebury Roach, born 9 Feb 1757 St. Peter’s Parish.
- Milly Roach, born 23 Nov 1758 St. Peter’s Parish.
Many genealogists have claimed descent through Littlebury Roach, but we have not seen adequate evidence to determine which Littleberry Roach this is. Some believe it is Littleberry Roach who moved to Mercer County, Kentucky, while others believe it is the Littleberry Roach who settled in Anderson County, South Carolina. The later whereabouts of Littleberry Roach’s Brother Henry Roach are likewise uncertain.
Contact Us if you have any questions or comments about this project