RootsTech is THIS WEEK and is 100% virtual and 100% free!
For those who may not be familiar with RootsTech, we thought a short review of the event might be helpful.
What is RootsTech?
RootsTech is an annual family history and technology conference presented by FamilySearch International. It was previously held at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City and, since Covid-19, is broadcast virtually. The 2022 conference includes more than 1,500 sessions on 185 topics in over 30 languages.
When is RootsTech?
This year, RootsTech 2022 begins Thursday, March 3 at 8:00 AM with keynote speakers and continues through Saturday, ending at 5 pm.
What can I expect to enjoy at RootsTech?
- Inspiring keynote speakers on the Main Stage with messages and stories of heritage, tradition and culture.
- Other Main Stage sessions including music, the 1950 census, and an innovators portal.
- Unlimited access to over 1,500 sessions on almost any family history topic you can imagine. In the search tab within Sessions, I typed in DNA and there were 281 results, from beginner classes to more advanced. I also tried more obscure topics such as Finland and Cuba and sessions appeared.
- Playlists and the ability to chat with companies and FamilySearch.
- Connections with other relatives. Relatives at RootsTech is a great way to find close or distant cousins also attending the conference.
- There is also an Expo Hall with companies from around the world. Each company will have videos about their company, product demos, promotional deals and tips and tricks to help with family history. WE ARE THERE! Come and visit us at the Price Genealogy booth We have tips and tricks on how to find an immigrant place of origin as well as how to use the Freedman’s Bureau of Records. We also have promotional discounts for each of our research packages. Each booth was also given the opportunity for a live event. Ours will be at 8:30 am on Saturday morning (MST). It is titled “No Empty Chairs – Locating Your Descendants”
How do I sign up?
Registering for RootsTech is quite simple. Merely go to their home page and click “Sign Up For Free.”
Come and join a family history immersion experience that will be unforgettable!